Migrating to Canada can be the fulfillment of many people’s hopes for greater opportunities and quality of life. While the immigration process may seem complex, there are various straightforward pathways available that can make your journey less daunting.
In this guide, we’ll outline all of the simple ways to migrate to Canada, ensuring an effortless transition.
Study permits are an ideal way of migrating to Canada if you wish to pursue studies here. In order to qualify, however, certain criteria must be fulfilled in order to secure one:
- You must have been accepted to an authorized learning institution (ALI) in Canada.
- Your funds must cover your living costs while in Canada, both for yourself and any dependents who will accompany you.
- A Valid Passport. The passport from your home country should be valid.
- Your criminal history must not have any incriminating entries.
- Your language skills must meet the language requirements for the program you are applying to.
If you meet all of the requirements, applying for a study permit online or at a Canadian visa office should be easy and can take as little as several months if started early enough.
Once granted a study permit, you’ll be free to live and study in Canada during your program. After you graduate, you may qualify for a postgraduate work permit which allows you to remain working here for up to three years post-graduation.
Spousal sponsorship can be an excellent way to immigrate to Canada if you are married to either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. To qualify, however, certain criteria must be fulfilled:
- Your spouse must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Your spouse should currently reside either in Canada or another country.
- Language requirements for the program you are applying to must meet its prerequisites.
- Your record must not contain any criminal convictions.
- Financially supporting yourself and any dependents is of utmost importance.
If you fulfill all the requirements, applying for spousal sponsorship online or at a Canadian visa office may be your next step. Keep in mind that the process may take several months; so begin early.
Once granted spousal sponsorship, you will be able to live and work permanently in Canada.
Visitor visas allow temporary entry into Canada for tourism, business travel or visiting family and friends. In order to qualify, applicants must meet several criteria:
Your passport from your home country must be valid. Additionally, you should hold a return or onward ticket back home or another country. Furthermore, enough money must be set aside to support yourself and any dependents while in Canada.
It is imperative to have no criminal history records. Your application must meet all requirements for the type of visitor visa that you are submitting an application for.
There are different types of visitor visas, each of which imposes its own set of requirements. If you plan to visit Canada to visit family or friends, proof will need to be provided as proof of the relationship between you and them. Likewise, those coming for business purposes will need evidence of their business activities while staying here.
If you meet all the requirements, if is possible to apply for a visitor visa either online or at one of Canada’s visa offices. Please keep in mind that this process can take several weeks; so start early!
An investor visa allows permanent residency in Canada if you invest a set amount in Canadian businesses. There are two different kinds of investor visas in Canada:
The Quebec Investor Program: This program is for investors who wish to invest in Quebec businesses. In order to qualify, you must invest CAD$1.2 million and create or maintain at least 10 jobs in Quebec businesses.
The Federal Immigrant Investor (FII) Program: To become eligible, investors who want to invest anywhere across Canada are required to invest CAD$2 million into a Canadian business that creates or sustains at least 20 jobs and meets certain other requirements.
Both the Quebec Investor Program and FII are highly sought-after programs, making eligibility difficult.
To be considered eligible for either program, you must meet these criteria:
- Your net worth must exceed at least one million Canadian Dollars.
- At least two years of business management experience is necessary for any role.
- Your investment in Canadian business must include an appropriate sum.
- Your goal should be to pass both a medical examination and a security background check.
If you fulfill all the requirements, an investor visa application can be submitted either online or at a Canadian visa office. As this application process may take several months to complete, it is wise to start early.
There are numerous routes for migration into Canada; below are just a few of the easiest methods of doing so.
The best approach for migrating to Canada depends on your individual circumstances, so if you need assistance or advice it’s advisable to reach out to a lawyer or consultant specializing in immigration law.